Release and Waiver of Liability
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
Release and Waiver of Liability
I, the Participant understand that participation in the Event is a potentially dangerous activity and involves a risk of serious injury, property damage and in some circumstances, death.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event by READY CORNWALL LTD (Player Ready),
I, the Participant hereby agree and acknowledge that I participate in the Event at my own risk.
1.Engagement in the Event will require the Participant to wear a headset and earphones. As a result the Participant will be unable to see or hear the real world. The Participant will communicate with others also participating in the Event and members of the Player Ready team via a built-in communications system.
2. In the event of a fire alarm, the system will shut down immediately. If this happens, the Participant should remove the headset and take instructions from employees of the Player Ready team. The Participant must strictly adhere to any instructions given in order to ensure their safety.
3. What the Participant views in the virtual world may or may not be shown on the monitor in the Player Ready centre. Employees of Player Ready will always have access to what the Participant can see in the virtual world.
4. Some multiplayer Events will allow the Participant to see, and to be seen, by individuals online. Player Ready request that the Participant behave in a respectful manner. Player Ready reserve the right to remove the Participant if they behave in a disrespectful manner, and can do so without any liability to the Participant.
5. The participation in some events is restricted by a minimum age. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that it is for the Participant (or their parental guardian in the Event that they are under the age of 18) to ensure that the Event is appropriate for them to participate in. The Participant acknowledges that they may be asked to provide photo identification before being able to participate in an event.
6. Some events are extremely realistic and can prompt emotions in participants that they may not expect. The
Participant acknowledges and accepts that they participate in the Event at their own risk.
7. Participation in the Event poses the following potential risks to the Participant:
• Eye strain;
• Excessive noise;
• Flashing images;
• Motion sickness;
• Equipment may affect some medical devices such as pacemakers;
• Cause unwanted emotions which could affect an underlying condition;
• Claustrophobia, panic or other phobias;
8. The list in paragraph 7 is non-exhaustive.
9. The Participant accepts and acknowledges that each participant will react differently to the Event. If the Participant experiences any adverse effect before or during the Event they should cease participation immediately.
10. Player Ready strongly recommend that pregnant women or individuals with pre-existing health conditions do not
participate in the Event. Player Ready strongly recommend that those under the influence of drugs or alcohol do not participate in the Event.
11. If the Participant has any queries regarding the Event they should not hesitate to raise them with an employee of Player Ready.
12. I, the Participant acknowledge and agree that Player Ready excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any
liability for injury, loss or damage and that Player Ready will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage caused to me or my
property except to the extent that any such injury, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of Player Ready, its employees or authorised agents.
13. I, the Participant acknowledge and agree that Player Ready excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any
liability for injury, loss or damage and that Player Ready will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage caused to any person
or any property as a result of my participation in the Event.
14. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event, I, the Participant hereby agree to indemnify Player Ready its officers, servants, agents, instructors, third party organisers or any others engaged in organising, administering or participating in the Event in respect of my death or injury or the loss or damage of my property or the property of any other party arising from my participation in the Event.
15. I, the Participant confirm that I am in good physical and mental health, and that I do not suffer from any illness or disability which might make it unsafe for me to participate in the Event.
16. I, the Participant, agree to follow directions of Player Ready its officers, servants, agents, instructors and third party organisers and understand that if I am deemed to be behaving recklessly or dangerously I may be excluded from the Event without refund or compensation.
17. I, the participant, acknowledge that I am solely responsible for any decision as to my fitness and ability to participate in the Event. I am aware that damage I cause to equipment provided by Player Ready is my responsibility and I will meet any costs for any such damage and/or wear and tear.
18. If Player Ready are forced to cancel a pre-booked event or if time is lost during an event due to a mechanical breakdown for which Player Ready accept liability, I, the Participant understand that Player Ready’s total liability to me will be limited to Player Ready either providing a refund, calculated on a pro-rata basis of the fee paid, or by offering a free of charge place at a future event. I understand that it will remain at the discretion of Player Ready as to how they compensate me in such circumstances.
19. I, the Participant, CONFIRM that I have read and understand this Release and Waiver and fully understand its terms. I understand that in signing this Release and Waiver I am giving up legal rights and I have signed this agreement and do so voluntarily and under my own free will. I understand that I must comply with the rules set out in this Release and Waiver form as well as any other rules conveyed to me by Player Ready, its officers, servants, agents, instructors or third party organisers.